Context for OpenMath objects.

Vilya Harvey vilya at nag.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 15:16:45 CEST 1999

Hi everyone; apologies to those of you who've already received a message
about this.

One of the topics that came up for discussion during a recent ESPRIT
OpenMath project meeting, was the notion of context for OpenMath objects.
At present there is no way for an OpenMath object to access information
from outside of the object - say, for example, to read or set a variable
in a computer algebra system. I think such external access is necessary
for OpenMath to really be useful; I have collected my initial thoughts on
the matter into a discussion paper "OpenMath in Context" which is online
at:
	http://www.nag.co.uk/projects/OpenMath/papers/context.pdf

Please read this, if you have time, and share your thoughts on the matter.

Thanks,
Vil.
--
Vilya Harvey  <vilya at nag.co.uk>    Wilkinson House  Mob: +44  961 106 505
Computational Mathematics Group   Jordan Hill Road   Wk: +44 1865 511 245