[om] OpenMath SigFile JAVA class problem

olga caprotti olga at win.tue.nl
Fri May 12 18:08:11 CEST 2000

Hi -

I am trying to write a JAVA class that uses
DOM to read the XML Signature files and has
methods to return the OpenMath Objects that
represent the signatures. So far I get errors
like:

com.sun.xml.tree.DomEx: This node isn't allowed there.
        at com.sun.xml.tree.DomEx.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument.checkChildType(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.tree.ParentNode.appendChild(Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument.appendChild(Compiled Code)
        at
nl.tue.win.riaca.openmath.lang.SignatureFile.getXmlSigObject(Compiled
Code)
        at
nl.tue.win.riaca.openmath.lang.SignatureFile.getSigObject(Compiled Code)
        at nl.tue.win.riaca.openmath.lang.SignatureFile.main(Compiled
Code)

produced by the code:

    public String getXmlSigObject(Node node){

	String nodename = node.getNodeName();
	String sigobj = null;

	if ( nodename.equals("Signature") )
		{

		    Node child =   node.getFirstChild().cloneNode(true);
		    if ( child != null )
			System.out.println("Child is" + child.getNodeName());
		    XmlDocument document = new XmlDocument();
                    // we try and fix the doctype until we know better
		    DocumentType  doctype = document.setDoctype(null,
			"http://www.riaca.win.tue.nl/~olga/openmath/dtd/omobj.dtd",null );
		    document.changeNodeOwner(child);
		    document.appendChild(child);
		    try{