[om] a couple of questions

Andrew Solomon andrew at illywhacker.net
Mon Apr 16 21:36:50 CEST 2001

Dear Friends,

1. We have the symbol ("set1", "cartesian_product")
- how to express an element of AxB? I don't see "tuple" anywhere.
Shall I just use a list?

2.  I want to express the set A = {a, b, c}
where a,b,c are not variables in the sense that they aren't considered
to be members of any set other than A, and can't change their value
or be evaluated, but simply are what they are. The only thing that's important
to me about "a" is its name.

In universal algebra one would talk about an algebra with no function
symbols and carrier set {a,b,c}.

How do we do it in OpenMath?

Should I just make the elements OMVs or OMSTRs?

Best wishes,

Andrew

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org