[om] Concatenation of lists ??

Michael Kohlhase Michael_Kohlhase at asuka.mt.cs.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 30 17:54:41 CEST 2001

Dear James, dear all,

seeing the activity and interst on OpenMath CDs, I think that it would be
time to change the development model for content dictionaries.

There seem to be people out there who really want to use/extend them.

I propose to put up the CDs for anonymous cvs, assign some maintainer for
each of them and see how they evolve.  This would be much simpler than
mailing every proposed change to David or you. I know that this has been
proposed before, but nothing happened except for people giving positive
feedback to the idea.

I think that now is the time to start developing the CDs, since they are
the key resource that distinguish OpenMath from other approaches like
content MathML.

One relatively simple way of implementing this would be to define a project
at sourceforge.net. Alternatively I could offer to put up some space and a
"system/product" in the buzilla at mathweb.org. Maybe we only want to adopt
this approach for the non-core cds.

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org