[om] Re: Mathworld @ Wolfram back on line

Ernesto ereinald at win.tue.nl
Mon Nov 12 15:01:13 CET 2001

Hi Paul,

The state of our (riaca) phraseebooks is as follows:

-Both gap and Mathematica support most of the core CDs functionality (at
least for
 going from OpenMath to Mathemcatica or Gap Native code). The way back
Native-OpenMath
 is not so good as it is dificult even to decide what is the "meanning"
of a native expression.
 (For instance, a List of List on Gap can be either a Matrix, a List of
List, a Set of List, a
  Set of Sets, etc). We have a work around using some casting operations
(not included by now on
  the pharsebooks).

-Both can be used to send Native commands and get back either OpenMath
or Native sintax.

-Both supports dynamical CDs pluging. That means if you write the
implementations of
 of your own CDs using the API we provide you can extent the set of
supported CDs.

I working also on a JSP tag library to easy the development of JSP pages
(and web applications)
that use interaction with bacengines (unfortunately this is a private
project). Among the things
you easily do with the help of the tag library are:

-Create phrasebook JavaBeans and later on use them (all of these via
tags) to compute
 with the back engines.
-Produce MathML from OpenMath. Here you can either use a XSLT stylesheet
or even beter (and faster)
 a MathML phrasebook we are developing.
-The tag library also helps you to have some kind of context (to place
objects and and keep track of
 things).
-Casting of OpenMath objects.

I hope soon we will have a demo in Our web site ilustrating all of this.

Please any contributions (criticisms) are welcome.

Best regards,

Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro.

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org