[om] comments on documents

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Fri May 17 20:58:34 CEST 2002

Well,

Let me tell you that Im' happy with the fact that such a comment is made.
Allow me to encourage the fact that we have such a comparison: for many
folks, OpenMath just does not exist, and they're happy (for a while)
with the heuristic-based conversion of mathML-presentation to
mathML-content such as the one provided by MathType. This happiness may,
of course, end up at some point where semantic starts to be a bit richer
than what MathML group pretends to be k14 (*).

For these kind of persons (and they are lots in the world), such a
report on differences was urgently needed !

Paul

(*) anyone doubting there are some folks which realize the limitations
of MathML-content should read the posts at w3c-math mailing list, among
others.

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org