[om] omobj CDs?

Andreas Strotmann Strotmann at rrz.uni-koeln.de
Wed Dec 3 16:22:43 CET 2003

Everybody,

I would like to contribute an OpenMath Objects CD, called omobj1, that
has entries, for example,

   string, float, integer, ...
   application, binding, attribution, error, ...

and an omaux1 CD (or so) that has, say,

   interpretation, representation, ...
   head, body, argument, ...
   content_dictionary, name, ...
   is_symbol, is_string, is_binding...

so that one can say, for example,

OMA(
   OMS(cd=...,name=equal),
   OMS(cd=arith1,name=plus),
   OMA(
       OMS(cd=omaux1,name=interpretation),
       OMA(
            OMS(cd=omobj1,name=symbol),
            OMA(
                  OMS(cd=omaux1,name=cd),
                  "arith1"),
            OMA(OMS(cd=omaux1,name=name), "plus"))))

I think this is an important set of CDs to have -- in fact, when I first
heard that someone had written a Meta CD, omobj1 above is what I thought
he was referring to.  It would allow us to make statements about
algebraic properties of OpenMath objects *in OpenMath* -- Olga and Arjeh
might have found it useful for their Strong OpenMath paper, for example,
had they used OpenMath writing it, and computer scientists have always
found it useful to reason about a new language in terms of that language
itself.

On the naming: omobj1 might be for OpenMath 1, omobj2 for OpenMath
version 2, etc.  Thus, omobj2 would include symbols role, foreign, etc.,
and omaux2 symbols like has_role, url, has_url, etc.

Any comments?

Does anyone have something like this around already? (I don't see it on
the OM server.)

 -- Andreas
Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org