[om] OM Floats (XML Representation)

Richard Fateman fateman at cs.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 8 18:03:47 CET 2003

Oh, you could also specify a radix, if you wanted to be "more general".
Thus the radix might NOT be 2, but 10 or something else. In the interests
of making OM yet more verbose, you could store the radix in every number.

But then didn't I see a CD for arbitrary precision floats?  Why not just
let the recipient of the message decide whether it is going to be stored
as an IEEE flt or not.

RJF

Richard Fateman wrote:

> How about if you decide that IEEE numbers are not numbers at all.
>
> Ordinary numbers of limited precision can be represented as <sign>
> <fraction_part> <exponent>,

.. snip

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org