[om] MathML draft Notes available for review

Stan Devitt jsdevitt at stratumtek.com
Fri Jul 25 14:47:31 CEST 2003

Thanks Bill,

We'll catch that in a revised draft.  There is certainly no
intent to belittle, compete or replace. The main point was
that a needed functionality of the notation - motivated by
and already present in OpenMath - was being addressed.
(This came up in the context of  round-tripping to and
from appropriate CD's.) . Also, quite apart from motivating
the expressivity of the notation on this topic, OpenMath
provides a very valuable complementary resource as a
systematic approach to a reference library of such definitions
and there is no intent to duplicate that work.

Stan Devitt

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org