[om] Meta group cd

Bill Naylor Bill.Naylor at mcs.vuw.ac.nz
Wed Mar 19 02:56:15 CET 2003

Hi,

I have been looking at the metagrp.ocd, I noticed two things.

1) The Description for the symbol CDGroupVersion is missing.
2) there is no symbol for constructing CDGroupRevision 'meta' elements.

So I thought "what does the spec say about these elements?" Nothing
(except in the DTD)! these elements whilst they appear in all the cdg
files I have looked at, have not been mentioned in the OpenMath
specification (If I'm wrong, maybe I can be corrected by someone).

It would be good to add these things to section 5.4.2.2 I think?

Another thing that I noticed was the meta cd which appears as Appendix A.1
is in fact the early Nick Howgrave-Graham version. It has been altered
since then, and I wondered if maybe the latest version should appear in
the document

The comments above are with reference to a 'draft version', so I guess it
can easily be altered?

cheers,

Bill
Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org