[om] prefix in units_ops1

Jacques Carette carette at mcmaster.ca
Wed Sep 24 16:00:24 CEST 2003

There is a more general, consistent meaning of the word 'prefix', which
perhaps should be defined at the meta-level ?

Something along the lines of:
This symbol represents the fact that the second argument (anything) has been
effectively and uniquely modified by the first argument (a prefix).

The notion of suffix is of course dual to this.  The units_ops1 could simply
specialize this definition to be "multiplication by a constant".

Or is this not the philosophy of OpenMath (abstraction + specialization) ?
Is it that OpenMath follows the "little theories" approach instead ?

Jacques