[om] error in linalg5, quant1/new CDs

W Naylor wn at cs.bath.ac.uk
Tue Apr 27 19:07:30 CEST 2004

Thanks David for giving the new format to the CD pages, they look a lot
nicer now, much less daunting.

In quant1:forall, the CMP/FMP say

"An example  which represents the statement that there is no solution
to x^n+y^n=z^n for n>2, that is:
it is not true that there exists x,y,z,n | n>2 and x^n+y^n=z^n"

this says nothing about the integral'ness of x, y, z and n and with that
lack, I guess it is blatently wrong!

Next I should raise an error which I noticed a while back, but didn't do
anything about. In the experimental linalg5 CD, under the symbol zero,
there is the questionable CMP,FMP pair, which say:

for all M | M + zero(rowcount M,columncount M) = zero(rowcount
M,columncount M)

I suspect that should be:

for all M | M + zero(rowcount M,columncount M) = M

cheers,

Bill
Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org