[om] OpenMath and PVS

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at iu-bremen.de
Mon Feb 9 09:58:34 CET 2004

Dear Richard,

I copmpletely agree with the sentiment to use something as formal as the
PVS prelude as content dictionaries in OpenMath. This is clearly
necessary in many applications of OpenMath. In fact this was one of the
motivations for me to develop the OMDoc format, which allows to cover
such documents.

Incidentally, in the draft of the OM2 standard, we have weakened the
requirements for content dictionaries from a prescription of a format
(the OM cd encoding) to a set of minimal requirements that a content
dictionary must fulfill. As far as I can see this includes the PVS
prelude. An XML encoding of the prelude (for instance the OMDoc version)
clearly fulfils the requirements.

    Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,         Office: Research 1, Room 62
    Professor for Computer Science      Campus Ring 12,
    School of Engineering & Sciences    D-28758 Bremen, Germany
    International University Bremen     tel/fax: +49 421 200 3140/3103
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~kohlhase     e-mail:
<m.kohlhase at iu-bremen.de>

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org