[om] invalid openmath 2.0 xsd file

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 16:11:11 CET 2005

Thanks for the further details.

  When I used online xsd validator
  http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdvalidator/Default.aspx
  I got following error:

  The content model must be deterministic. Wildcard declaration along with
  a local element declaration causes the content model to become
  ambiguous. An error occurred at , (190, 6).

that one I can understand, and it seems to be correct.
 <xs:group name="notom">
is supposed to represent any element not in the OM namespace, however
 trang has produced

  <xs:group name="notom">
    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:choice minOccurs="0">
        <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="skip"/>
        <xs:any namespace="##local" processContents="skip"/>
      </xs:choice>
    </xs:sequence>
  </xs:group>

the line
        <xs:any namespace="##local" processContents="skip"/>
appears to be spurious as that would allow OpenMath elements as well
making the schema gramma ambiguous, and wrong.
I think that line can simply be deleted.

Not sure yet about the errors reported by XML Spy, will look later...

David

http://www.star.net.uk
Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org