[om] RIACA OpenMath Library 2.0 RC3

Manolis Mavrikis m.mavrikis at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 17:35:03 CET 2005

Manfred,

>Something of that sort is already implemented in the library,
>It is called getType and returns a String for the type of object
>You are passing.

    I meant that I want to get the value of the object if it is OMI,
OMF, OMSTR. Many frameworks (including taglibs) have things like
A.getValue or Value that are casted appropriately and everything is more
convenient this way/ So if OMObject had a getValue method that returns
null unless it is inherited by OMInteger, OMFloat, OMString or wherever
else it makes sense then any implementation will be easier, cleaner and
more reusable.

Manolis
Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org