[Om] questions on the OM symbols for physical units and their prefixes

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at iu-bremen.de
Wed May 31 09:55:25 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Note that there is a W3C note [1] in the  MathML group that is also
relevant here. we should try to be compatible with that in our practices
in OM.

A paper that also touches on the units question is our proposal for a
Physics Markup Language to be presented at the MKM Conference. That
proposes to equip units  with types in a dimension type sytem. We are in
the process of developing OMDoc Content Dictionaries for these based on
the MathML note above.

Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/mathml-units/
[2]
https://svn.mathweb.org/repos/mathweb.org/trunk/omdoc/projects/physml/doc/mkm06/paper.pdf

   Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,         Office: Research 1, Room 62
   Professor for Computer Science      Campus Ring 12,
   School of Engineering & Science     D-28758 Bremen, Germany
   International University Bremen     tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
   http://www.faculty.iu-bremen.de/mkohlhase <m.kohlhase at iu-bremen.de>