[Om] Content-dictionary notations draft

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Thu Mar 22 14:05:13 CET 2007

There has been a discussion with David Carlisle that we might need to
open.
He indicated a few places where, indeed, the n-ary approach was too
limited.
Including a+-b and  d^2/dxdy f(x).
This was in comparison to parts of ctop.xsl.

I concluded that some fine features of ctop will not be reachable by
such a declarative infrastructure (which yields exchangeability).

However, I discovered that a simple extension of n-ary by allowing
several arguments to its symbol in the prototype and parallelize this
in the rendering could be interpreted as an alternative... that
covers most of the cases above.

As for the quality of the specification, I know it is weak thus far
and for good reasons... we discuss and add features to it...

paul