[Om] Several Newbie Questions

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Mon Jul 5 23:40:26 CEST 2010

Le 05-juil.-10 à 18:11, Manuel Schölling a écrit :
> I'm new to OpenMath and I have a couple of questions:
>
> - Is there any nice WYSIWYG editor for OpenMath?
> A java or Qt component would be great.

Supplementary to Alberto's answers: the JOME editor is a  java-based
editor for OpenMath that is not in active development: http://www.activemath.org/projects/external/Jome/

> - Do you think it would be a good idea to use XSLT to process
> OpenMath.
> I'm thinking of
> - calculating the weak formulation of an equation
> - translating OpenMath functions into C/C++ source code

Sounds like  a hard thing to do but is certainly possible.

> If not, do you have a better idea?
>
> - Is there any option to define a coordinate system?
> Eg. to specify the interpretation of a nabla operator

There I'm unclear and I believe this does not exist but then maybe you
could be precise on which Nabla symbol you intent to use?

paul