[Om] Mathematical Vernacular in formulae

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 15:13:24 CET 2011

On 26/01/2011 14:03, Kohlhase, Michael wrote:
> And there will usually not be a CD foo  whith a CDDefinition for the
> symbol<OMS name="terminates-for-with" cd="foo"/>  around.

I don't see that this is necessarily the case, any editor or software
that is generating the OpenMath can generate a CD for any terms that it
encounters for which it doesn't already have a definition. (The CD
definition may just be a stub, but that's not the same as saying it
doesn't exist.) It doesn't even need to write out the files these days,
perhaps you just have a web service like

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=terminates-for-with

but returning the results in CD format. In which case the software
writing out the openmath can assume there is a CD for any symbol that it
needs.

That's not to say that the alternative inline definitions such as
  <OMS cd="altenc" name="vernacular"/>
don't also have a place.

David