[Om] Going real with the OpenMath CD Linked Data

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Sat Jul 23 00:40:38 CEST 2011

On 20/07/2011 09:49, Christoph Lange wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just in time for the CICM Systems&  Projects session I finished what I
> had been promising for a long time: the process of publishing the
> OpenMath CDs as linked data (see
> http://kwarc.info/clange/pubs/krextor-system.pdf for the paper, and
> http://trac.kwarc.info/krextor/wiki/OpenMathExtractionModule for a
> more technical documentation as well as demos).
>
> A short summary of what is possible now (details and demos on the
> above-linked page):
> * By specifying suitable MIME types in their HTTP request header,
> clients can download OpenMath CDs as OCD, as RDF/XML, and as XHTML.
> * The RDF description of the CDs also contains several alternative
> representations of OpenMath objects: OMOBJ, Content MathML, and
> Popcorn (produced using David's XSLTs)

Interesting/ Do you know if the RDF property URIs used here are
compatible with those used here

http://monet.nag.co.uk/monet/publicdocs/ontologies/openmath.owl

in the monet project (If I recall correctly, it's been a while:-)
we didn't attempt to convert individual properties to rdf, and stopped
at just defining the symbols, but it might be good to use the same uris
for the same things or at least owl:sameas declare they are the same, or
just explicitly retire the monet ones, or something.

> Now there is a little remaining challenge: The stuff should be
> published at the canonical URIs like
> http://www.openmath.org/cd/arith1#plus, so that it becomes
> retrievable, but so far I have published it at a different address
> just for getting the first step done.

those URIs used to work (and examples of them were in the MathML2 spec)
so needed to link check to get to recommendation status. Going to the
html version. They broke at some point when we (I) dropped the ball on
the old cocoon based website. It would be good to get them back if we
could (it would still be possible to serve the rdf from the same url
given a bit of content negotiation apache voodoo on the server)

David

--
google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle