[Om] CfP CADGME 2012

Paul Libbrecht paul at hoplahup.net
Tue Nov 1 21:34:47 CET 2011

CADGME 2012

http://sites.dmi.rs/events/2012/CADGME2012/index.html

Welcome

After a successful conferences held at Pécs, Hungary (2007), Hagenberg, Austria (2009) and Hluboká nad Vltavou, Czech Republic (2010) we are delighted to announce that the CADGME conference continues. The team from Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Faculty of Sciences, University of Novi Sad has volunteered to host the conference in 2012 in our beautiful city Novi Sad. As for the last CADGME conferences we want to create a forum for Central- and Eastern- European colleagues, and for all interested academics from around the globe to exchange ideas and nurture collaboration. We hope that you will join us in Novi Sad on 22 - 24 June 2012.

Keynote speakers

Alan Rogerson (International Consultant in Maths Education, Poland)

Adrian Oldknow (Emeritus Professor, University of Chichester, UK, Research Fellow in Mathematics, Science and Technology Education, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands)

Jean-baptiste Lagrange (University of Reims, France)

Petar Kenderov (Bulgarian Academy of Science, Bulgaria)

Olga Hadžić (University of Novi Sad, Serbia)

Call for papers

The aim of the conference is to continue offering a forum for academics in Central- and Eastern Europe in order to share their experiences and practices with technology-assisted mathematics teaching with colleagues from all around the world. Hence, we kindly invite colleagues - everyone from everywhere - to participate and contribute to the conference.

How to contribute

Contributed talks

The talks will be given in parallel sessions; the length is 30 minutes including discussion.

Posters

Research results can be presented on posters; will be allocated to discuss posters.

Working groups

Talks will be organized around topics (proposed list is below). We welcome proposals (max 500 words) of working groups by 1 February, 2012 in which participants can contribute talks/papers. In working group sessions plenty of time will be allocated for in-depth discussion of talks/papers.

Workshops

We encourage participants and software developers to organize workshops. Proposals (max 500 words) should be submitted by 1 February, 2012 computer rooms will be provided if requested, the time limit is 1.5 hour per workshop.

Publication, proceedings

Abstracts

The abstracts of contributed talks and posters will be published on the conference proceedings website. The length is maximum 300 words. The format will be available on the conference web page.

Refereed Papers

Papers can be sent for publication to the scientific committee. We are in discussion with several journals that might publish a special issue with papers presented at CADGME-2012. Papers are to be submitted by 15 September 2012. Some papers from the previous conferences can be found in the following journals:

CADGME-2007, TMCS, Volume 6 Issue 2, Volume 6 Issue 1  Volume 6 Issue 2, Volume 7 Issue 1,

CADGME-2009, IJTME Volume 17  Nr 3,   Volume 17 Nr 4,

Acta Didactica Napocensia, Volume 3, Number 2

CADGME-2010, eJMT, Volume 5

Important dates and deadlines

Second Announcement

Working group proposals

Workshop proposals

Abstract of contributed talks and posters

31March, 2012

Acceptance notifications

Final programme

End of pre-registration

Papers

Abstracts can be submitted on the conference website after registering.

Topics for contribution

Teaching

·         The impact of CAS-DGS on mathematics teaching

·         The changing role of the teacher

·         Teacher learning

·         Teacher training

·         Distance learning and CAS

Learning

·         The impact of CAS-DGS on students’ learning

·         Students’ attitudes toward CAS-DGS

·         CAS-DGS understanding/knowledge

·         Algebraic skills and CAS

·         Instrumentation

Curriculum

·         Design of learning environments and curricula

·         Implementation of curricula and classroom practices / Innovative practices

Assessment

·         Assessment in CAS-DGS environments

·         CAS-DGS in Web-based assessment systems

Proposed Programme

Time

Session

8:30-10:00

Registration

10:00-10:30

Welcome

10:30-11:15

Plenary I

11:15-12:00

Welcome reception

12:00-12:45

Plenary II

12:45-14:15

Parallel session I

14:15-14:45

Coffee with snack

14:45-15:30

Plenary II

15:30-18:00

Parallel session II

19:00-22:00

Welcome dinner

9:00-10:30

Parallel session III

10:30-11:00

Coffee break

11:00-12:30

Plenary III

12:30-13:15

Plenary IV

13:15-14:30

Lunch

15:30-16:00

Parallel session IV

16:00-21:00

Excursion

9:00-11:00

Workshops

10:30-11:00

Coffee break

11:00-11:45

Plenary V

11:45-12:30

Closing

12:30-14:00

Lunch

Fees

Registration fee:

150 Euro

Student fee:

70 Euro

Accompanying person

70 Euro

Excursion

25 euro

Excursion with tasting wine and snacks 25 euros

What is covered by the registration fee for PARTICIPANTS?

·         Conference materials

·         Admission to Scientific Sessions

·         Welcome reception

·         Welcome dinner

·          2 lunches and coffee breaks,

What is covered by the fee for ACCOMPANYING PERSONS?

·         Welcome reception

·         Welcome diner

·         2 lunches and coffee breaks,

Registration

Registration for the conference can be done electronically on the conference web page.

Grants There are possibility for some grants. Please contact local organizing Committee:

              before May 1st 2012,  djtak at dmi.uns.ac.rs

Accommodation

Hotel list Novi Sad

 Putnik, (single bed room 33 euros , double bed room 28 Euro pp, including breakfast and taxes, centre, no parking,)
Hotel Vigor , (single bed room 35 euros , double bed room 25 Euro pp, including breakfast and taxes, free parking)

Travel

Directions and instructions can be found on the conference website

Scientific committee

Burkhard Alpers (Fachhochschule Aalen - University of Applied Sciences, Germany)

Teresa Assude ( Université de Provence, France)

Paul Andrews (University of Cambridge, UK)

Bärbel Barzel (Universität Duisburg-Essen, Germany)

Bruno Buchberger (RISC, University of Linz, Austria)

Douglas Butler (ICT Training Centre Oundle School), UK)

J. Orlando Freitas (University of Madeira, Portugal)

Karl Fuchs (University of Salzburg, Austria)

Erika Gyöngyösi (University of Miskolc, Comenius College, Hungary)

Samer Habre (Lebanese American University, Lebanon)

Stephen J. Hegedus (University of Massachusetts, USA)

Kathleen Heid (Pennsylvania State University, USA)

Markus Hohenwarter (Kepler University Linz Mathematics Education, Austria)

Djordje Kadijevich (Mathematical Institute, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Serbia)

János Karsai (University of Szeged, Hungary)

Carolyn Kieran (Université du Québec á Montréal, Canada)

Vesna Kilibarda (Indiana University Northwest, USA)

Vlasta Kokol-Voljc (University of Maribor, Slovenia)

Ulrich Kortenkamp (University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany)

Zoltán Kovács (University of Debrecen - College of Nyíregyháza, Hungary)

Bernhard Kutzler (Austrian Center for Didactics of Computer Algebra ,Austria)

Jean-baptiste Lagrange (I.U.F.M. Reims and Didirem Université Paris VII, France)

Zsolt Lavicza (University of Cambridge, UK)

Matija Lokar (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia)

John Monaghan (University of Leeds, UK)

Eric Muller (Brock University, Canada)

Ildikó Perjési-Hámori (University of Pécs, Hungary)

Werner Peschek (Alpen - Adria Universität Klagenfurt, Austria)

Kenneth Ruthven (University of Cambridge, UK)

Csaba Sárvári (University of Pécs, Hungary)

Edith Schneider (Alpen - Adria Universität Klagenfurt, Austria)

Lajos Szilassi (University of Szeged, Hungary)

Denis Tanguay (Université du Québec á Montréal, Canada)

Luc Trouche (INRP (National Institut of Pedagogical Research), Lyon, France)

Éva Vásárhelyi (Eötvos Loránd University, Hungary / University of Salzburg, Austria)

Rose Mary Zbiek ( The Pennsylvania State University, USA)

Nurit Zehavi (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)

Petar Kenderov (Bulgarian Academy of Science, Bulgaria)

Doru Paunescu (University "POLITEHNICA" of Timişoara, Romania)

Olga Hadžić (University of Novi Sad, Serbia)

Đurđica Takači (University of Novi Sad, Serbia)

Arpad Takači (University of Novi Sad, Serbia)

Đorđe Herceg (University of Novi Sad, Serbia)

Sponsors

We encourage companies or organizations to sponsor the conference or events related to the conference. In exchange, we can offer publishing their logo on our website, in conference rooms, and around the conference sites.

About Department of Mathematics and Informatics Novi Sad, Serbia

Department of Mathematics and Informatics was established in 1954. Since then, represents one of the leading teaching and research institutions in the field of mathematics and computer science that develops into a modern, European Department, recognized for its educational and scientific achievements of teachers, graduate students, PhD students.

The teaching process is conducted through 9 accredited study programs at undergraduate, graduate and doctoral studies.

Scientific-research process is conducted through a series of national and international projects in pure mathematics, applied mathematics, mathematics education and computer science.