[Om] OpenMath pmml2tex.xsl bugs

Nathaniel Dosé dosena at mail.com
Tue Sep 20 09:49:58 CEST 2011

Hello,

I was just trying out the Presentation MathML-to-TeX XSLT sheets at
http://svn.openmath.org/OpenMath/OpenMath2++/.

The sheets are of excellent quality, but I ran into these 2 bugs on my
system:

1)
at the end of pmml2tex.xsl there is a rule matching MathML's <math>
nodes. Then, at the top of pmml2texfrag.xsl, there is a duplicate rule
that tries to match the same. This second rule, which looks rather
important (as it starts TeX math mode), never fires.

This fixed things for me:

% diff pmml2tex.xsl~ pmml2tex.xsl
98c98
<   <xsl:apply-templates mode="pmml2tex"/>
---
>   <xsl:apply-templates mode="pmml2tex" select="."/>

2)
pmml2texfrag.xsl generates an "\msup" in TeX everytime an <msup> is
encountered in the MathML input.

This leads to an 'undefined control sequence' error when processing the
TeX output. There is no '\msup' defined anywhere - at least on my TeX
installation.

Using \sp (similar to how \sb is used for subscripts) solves the problem:

% diff pmml2texfrag.xsl~ pmml2texfrag.xsl
333c333
< <xsl:text>{\msup{</xsl:text>
---
> <xsl:text>{{</xsl:text>