[Om] Literate content dictionary validates

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at residenset.net
Wed Mar 5 18:28:41 CET 2014

Those of you who were at last year's OpenMath workshop may recall I held a
talk about "Literate Sources for Content Dictionaries" and pretty much
promised I would be able to do all sorts of nifty things once a bit of
technical infrastructure had been established.

Well, this week I reached the point where I can have LaTeX generate a
*valid* (I checked) .ocd file from a reasonably-looking .tex source. From
here on, it's mostly going to be the downward slope of adding features one
by one... (Oh, there so many little things to try.)

Attached (because I'm afraid I'm a bit website-challenged at the moment) is
a .tex source file and the .ocd content dictionary generated from it.
They're based on polyd.ocd, which had a nice piece of explanatory text in
the beginning that well befits the Literate paradigm, but the choice is
mostly arbitrary and I'm just looking at that content dictionary for the
purpose of experimenting. (To be clearly distinct, the generated content
dictionary is named "polyd-not".) Things not yet reflected in the generated
file are commented out, but there aren't all that much of those anymore.

The typeset version can be viewed at
http://www.mdh.se/polopoly_fs/1.55840!/Menu/general/column-content/attachment/om-polyd.pdf

(unfortunately my local university website only allows uploading attachments
with a few "blessed" extensions, among which .ocd and .tex are not). Though
it may look like much of the formal material in the typeset form are just
verbatim renderings of the generated XML, that is not quite true; the
underlying machinery is quite a bit more sophisticated than that.

Lars Hellström