[Om] OpenMath Organization at github

Konrad Hinsen konrad.hinsen at fastmail.net
Sat Jul 2 21:03:39 CEST 2016

On 02/07/2016 14:47, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> As far as I know, GitHub web pages do not allow a flexible upload from
> statically generated html pages. Or does it?

It does. The Web site contents are defined by the head of the branch
gh-pages in a repository, and by the head of the master branch of a
repository called organization.github.io for an organization-level site.
You can push static HTML of whatever origin there, no questions asked.
There is additional support for having Jekyll run automatically, but
that's optional.

I run my blog as a static site generated by frog, and the companion site
to my book as a static site generated by couscous, both being hosted on
GitHub. Couscous even supports one-command deployment to GitHub as a
built-in feature.

Konrad.