[Om] Proposal for Extending OpenMath Standard with a JSON Encoding

Tom Wiesing tom.wiesing at fau.de
Fri Jul 5 15:32:33 CEST 2019

Dear all,

Me and Michael would like to propose an extension of the OpenMath standard to endorse an OpenMath JSON Encoding. We have made a pull request at [0] and attached a diffed pdf.

JSON is a lightweight data-interchange format used heavily in the Web Applications area. Adding a JSON Encoding thus contributes to making OpenMath web-interoperable. The source code for a validator of this proposed encoding, as well as a translator from/to the XML encoding can be found at [1]. It is also accessible via API at [2].

We presented this encoding during the OpenMath workshop at CICM 2018 (see [3] and [4]), however we were only able to make a concrete standard proposal until now. We are hoping to discuss this during the upcoming OpenMath workshop at CICM 2019 next week, however wanted to send out our proposal beforehand.

Greetings,
Tom

[0] https://github.com/OpenMath/OMSTD/pull/69
[1] https://github.com/tkw1536/OpenMath-JSON