[Om3] OMS and OMV contents?

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 15:17:27 CEST 2007

> So the whole "non-plain-text" content of csymbol or ci (and cn I
> think) should be changed deprecated.

Calling it deprecated or legacy or not canonical, has some fine
differences in meaning but I think that we agree that we should clearly
mark this usage as a mathml (2) feature that it isn't used in the
part of mathml3 that maps to openmath, and so it isn't really Openmath's
problem at all, but the mathml3 spec will need to (or at least could)
say something about  what the canonical equivalent form is in Openmath
or MathML. It's true that James' message concentrated on supplying the
presentation as an attribution embedded in the object, but equivalently
a CD-based notation declaration could also be used.

David