[Om3] Skype F2F for calculus3 and condition element in OpenMath

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Tue Sep 30 06:35:54 CEST 2008

Dear all,

the deadline is up, and we have two dates where five out of six
interested have time: today or tomorrow at 12:00-13:00.

I have flipped a coin and heads determined that we will meet via Skype
tomorrow 12:00 CET. Please send me your skype names, so that I can set
up the call.

Michael

Michael Kohlhase wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> a couple of days back I sent around a note proposing a new calculus3 CD
> and in it a new representational style using complex binding operators
> that allows to get by without condition elements. This is important for
> the OpenMath/MathML alignment, since if we do not find a way to get by
> without a <condition> element in strict content MathML, we will need to
> introduce one in OpenMath, which would be a large change in the language.
>
> Unfortunately, there has not been a lot of response to the proposal, but
> I am not willing to interpret this as a sign of "no opposition". We need
> to discuss this proposal in depth and estimate the consequences for
> OpenMath and MathML. We also need to move forward since the MathML WG
> needs to prepare a final call working draft relatively soon.
>
> Therefore I am calling a virtual Face2Face meeting via Skype conference.
> To plan a date I have prepared a poll at
> http://www.doodle.ch/2d9uyxmczvq2gk6s So if you are interested in this
> topic or think you have something to contribute, please head over there
> and specify your free slots until monday September 29. 23:59 CET.
>
> If you want to prepare, the note is at
> https://svn.openmath.org/OpenMath3/doc/blue/noconds/note.pdf
>
> Michael

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,       Office: Research 1, Room 62
 Professor of Computer Science     Campus Ring 12,
 School of Engineering & Science   D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 Jacobs University Bremen*         tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
 m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase
 skype: m.kohlhase   * International University Bremen until Feb. 2007