[om] Trip Report to MathML Conference

Michael Kohlhase Michael_Kohlhase at sausage.fox.cs.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 26 02:21:34 CEST 2000

Dear Friends,

I have written a trip report to the OMDoc mailing list [1] about my
impression of the MathML conference last weekend at Urbana Champaign (minor
corrections by David Carlisle).

Since this is written from an OMDoc [2] point of view, it might be
interesting to you.  I have appended it below.

The general feeling I took home from the conference is that there is a
large user community, and they are MOVING! Morever, that probably the best
way to input OpenMath is through MathML (I might be wrong here).

Enjoy,

  Michael

[1] omdoc at mathweb.org; archived at http://www.mathweb.org/~mailists/omdoc
[2] OMDoc: Open Mathematical Documents, uses OpenMath as the formula
    representation language, see http:/www.mathweb.org/omdoc for details

   Dr. Michael Kohlhase,                 School of Computer Science (LTI)
   FB Informatik,  Bau 36, Zi. 220.1     Carnegie Mellon University
   Universit"at des Saarlandes,          5000 Forbes Avenue
   66041 Saarbr"ucken, Germany           Pittsburgh, Pa  15213-3891
   tel/fax: (49)-681-302-4628/5076       tel/fax (1) 412-268-5749/6298
   net: <kohlhase at cs.uni-sb.de>	         net: <kohlhase at cs.cmu.edu>
   http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~kohlhase    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~kohlhase

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org