[om] Request: OpenMath C++ library

Paul Libbrecht paul at activemath.org
Thu Aug 29 17:41:56 CEST 2002

Olga,

Here are a few hints:

- I thought there was the NAG library in C... not compatible or usable ?
- The Yacas computer alebra system has a (prototype) OpenMath production
- The QMath tool, also in C++, kind of delicate to compile (only with
gcc 2.9x) has an XML "infoset" to produce OMDoc

Finally, I would urge anyone doing this to use a large xml-related
library than write a dedicated one like the Riaca or Inria one. I think
that, in C++, the GDom library (developed by Helm people in Bologna) is
one of the good ones.

The problem with a dedicated library is in the ability to parse content
larger than openmath (like OMDoc or MathBook). Currently, our only to
feed OpenMath to Jome or to the Riaca phrasebooks is by providing a
string which will be re-parsed, which I don't view as the best idea to
preserve resources.

On the MathML side, I think I remember that Robert Miner was talking
about such a library but I don't know more of it.

Paul

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org