[om] XML Schema version of OpenMath?

Cem Karan cfkaran2 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 12 23:33:37 CET 2003

I've noticed in the archives a discussion about possibly rewriting
OpenMath as an XML Schema, and I saw that Olga Caprotti and David
Carlisle have been working on a draft version already (you can see it
at http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ocaprott/openmath/).  Will
this be the direction that OpenMath will take?  I ask because it would
greatly simplify my program design if I were able to use Schemata and
namespaces in the program I am designing.

Olga, I did notice on your page that you said that it is not possible
to completely specify OpenMath using XML Schema.  What would need to
change for  that to happen?

Thanks,
Cem Karan

Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org