[om] About OMV and indexing

Mike Dewar miked at nag.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 14:07:30 CET 2004

Hi Manfred,

I suspect that the proposal for indexed variables will be dropped from
the next draft.  There are subtle issues about equality and the people
who originally asked for it no longer need it.

The problem has always been that we want to be able to restrict the
second child of an OMBIND to be a list of variables and anything
starting with OMA is not a variable.  We could introduce other rules of
course but this would just complicate matters.

Cheers, Mike.

http://www.star.net.uk
Post public announcements to om-announce at openmath.org
Automatic list maintenance software at majordomo at openmath.org