[Om] OMR xref vs href

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Fri Jan 30 01:28:30 CET 2009

Dan,
thanks for the notification, I have created an issue in the OM3 Trac
about this: https://trac.mathweb.org/OM3/ticket/104

@DAVID, we should think about issuing an erratum for this for OpenMath2.

Michael

David Carlisle wrote:
> Strange. I just spotted the same error (more or less) in the draft
> MathML3 spec last night, but didn't check that the error originated in
> the OM spec, where it has been unreported for some years.
>

>> One could deduce from the standard that xref could/should/must point to
>> a local id, and href could/should/must be a URI,
>>

> That does influence the choice of attribute names in the OM design, but
> I think what happened here was that during the course of the OM2
> development OMR changed from taking an IDREF to URI, and so the
> attribute changed from xref to href. The text and schema reflect that,
> but the examples do not (and are not valid).
>
> Embarassingly this means that the examples in the OM2 spec could not
> have been validated at the time, sorry about that.
>
> I think xref="foo" should be href="#foo".
>
> David

> The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England
> and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:
> Wilkinson House, Jordan Hill Road, Oxford OX2 8DR, United Kingdom.
>
> This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star. The service is
> powered by MessageLabs.

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,       Office: Research 1, Room 62
 Professor of Computer Science     Campus Ring 12,
 School of Engineering & Science   D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 Jacobs University Bremen*         tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
 m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase
 skype: m.kohlhase   * on Sabbatical in Auckland (NZ) until VII/2009