[Om] Trac [Re: svn.openmath.org down]

Christoph LANGE ch.lange at jacobs-university.de
Mon Mar 2 14:07:11 CET 2009

Hi Paul,

On Monday 02 March 2009 13:37:32 Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Actually, if we move the svn to the newer server we would get exactly that:
> svn and trac linked.  Is it easy to export the Trac data?

As Trac uses the file-based SQLite by default, it is just about copying one
database file and one config file.

In our Tracs, we use additional features that you can also enable, but that
requires a bit more preparation:
1. If there are read-restricted directories in the svn (is that the case?),
one
   can make Trac's svn browser use svn's authz file, but then the user names
   have to match.
2. like (1) but more advanced: Unified user accounts for Trac and svn.
   Requires some initial work if many users have different names.  May not
   work, nor be desirable, in your setup, where users have to register their
   svn account in a -- what is it again, CMS, wiki?
3. some plugins:
   AccountManager: user account management and login
   TicketDelete
   Gantt charts
   WikiNotification: watch changes to wiki pages
   WikiRestructuredText: better formatting
   periodical e-mail notification about open tickets (needs cron and sendmail)
   soon: Email2Trac: file tickets by e-mail

Michael, who has been the most active Trac user so far, should be able to tell
you which of the above we need.

Cheers,

Christoph