[Om] maple to mathematica translator

Jacques Carette carette at mcmaster.ca
Tue Mar 31 17:00:40 CEST 2009

Probably not what the people on the OM list want to hear, but ever since
Maple 7 and Mathematica 5 (whatever was released in 2001, see
http://www.w3.org/Math/iandi/ for example), through MathML one can
'translate' between the two systems.  This is automatic via
cut-and-paste of MathML.

The quality of the translation is depending on the quality of the MathML
services of each implementation.  But I remember people demoing some
non-trivial cut-and-paste between these two products in 2002.

Maple has a MathML[Export] function built-in (which exports Content and
Presentation in parallel, usually the best choice).  Mathematica's
ImportString[] function knows how to decode MathML (see
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/format/MathML.html for an
example).

Jacques