[Om] Measurement Units Ontology

Professor James Davenport jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Thu Jan 14 09:15:36 CET 2010

On Wed, January 13, 2010 10:58 pm, Christoph LANGE wrote:
> Dear James, dear all,
>
>   not sure if you have seen this before, but here I stumbled upon another
> approach to representing units:
> http://forge.morfeo-
> project.org/wiki_en/index.php/Units_of_measurement_ontology
No - I hadn't seen that, and thanks.
It MIGHT provide a useful way of attaching a unit to a number in RDF, but
I dread them devising another Ontology from scratch. I'd better get in
touch with them (sigh!).

James Davenport
Recently: Visiting Full Professor, University of Waterloo
Now back as:
Lecturer on XX10190, CM30070, CM30078/50123, CM50209
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor and Programme Chair, OpenMath 2009
IMU Committee on Electronic Information and Communication