[Om] Adding DLMF links to CDs [Re: How to translate csymbol/@definitionURL]

Christoph LANGE ch.lange at jacobs-university.de
Sat Jul 17 19:51:32 CEST 2010

> > OK, what does that mean for the annotation of the CDs with links to DLMF?
> > Are
> > you going to check for each CDDefinition that currently says "... as in
> > A&S section ..." whether its FMPs correspond with the A&S (resp. DLMF)
> > definition
> I have already checked the A+S ones:
> Corless,R.M., Davenport,J.H., Jeffrey,D.J. & Watt,S.M.,
> According to Abramowitz and Stegun.
> SIGSAM Bulletin 34(2000) 2, pp. 58-65.

So you mean that the natural-language references from the CDs into the A&S
book are correct, and that the A&S book defines the same functions as the
CDs?

And now you are going to check whether the DLMF also defines the same
functions?

> > Should I create a Trac ticket for that?
> Might as well.

OK, I will do so and put you on Cc.

> I think I agree with you. But the IN MY VIEW (not necessarily the same as
> Hayes-Halpin) asserting owl:sameAs is not something to be done lightly,
> but requires the sort of check I am proposing to do.

Indeed, so I will stay tuned (or I might start with rdfs:seeAlso, if we got
the other issues settled).

Cheers,

Christoph