[Om] OpenMath 2010

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Sun Jul 18 13:45:20 CEST 2010

On 16.07.10 11:30, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 15/07/2010 23:07, Professor James Davenport wrote:
>
> Some comments on the notes of the OM meeting (at which I unfortunately
> couldn't attend)
>
>   >  The old MathML-C)OpenMath is now known as p2s (Pragmatic)Strict).
>   >  As far as MK knows, the only remaining anomaly is over cdbase.
>
> Actually the "pragmatic" terminology (although it appeared in one early
> draft of MathML3) has been removed from MathML.
Actually I use the adjective "pragmatic" (MathML) as a non-normative
abbreviation for "non-strict content" (MathML3).
Note that we introduced this adjective  specifically to get around the
adjective "legacy" that you and others rightfully considered negatively
connotated. As far as I can tell, the decision of understanding
"pragmatic" as negatively connotated was your private view (last time I
checked pramatic is usually viewed as positive in general) and the
decision to eliminate it from MathML3 spec your privilege as editor.

  Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,        Office: Research 1, Room 62
  Professor of Computer Science  Campus Ring 1,
  Jacobs University Bremen           D-28759 Bremen, Germany
  tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140  skype: m.kohlhase
  m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase