[Om] getting started with openMath

ken j609444 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:51:51 CEST 2012

Hello, Alberto

So I was thinking about using openMath so that I could swap out the CAS.
I figured I would write a wrapper for whatever CAS I used so that when I
found (if ever) I need some functionality it did not have, I could change it
by just writing a new wrapper for a different CAS. So I was hoping then
that all the input form my parser and GUI would be the same for the
second CAS. The idea was to make it essay to change CASs.

I understand I would have to write a new wrapper for a different CAS,
  but are you saying that even the openMath structure being passed in
would need to change?

Yacas was still on my list of possible CASs but I had been unable to
find documentation on how to use openMath with Yacas, so thanks
a lot for that link. I will read up on it.

I had found your web page and QMath, but had not downloaded it yet.
I think now I will give it a try.

Thanks so much for your reply.

Ken