[Om] getting started with openMath

ken j609444 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 20:14:37 CEST 2012

My apologies. I think I did not say that very well. I would only use
openMath to encode the equation or formula part of the command to the
CAS. So I would use it as a standard for encoding mathematical objects,
but not for use internal to any part of my application. At the same time
it would not be the entire command language to access the CAS.

For example I might have a function like this:

char * solveFor(char* openMathEquation, char* variable )
{
// take openMathEquation and put it into the format expected by CAS
// set up command for CAS
// send command to CAS
// get result form CAS and turn into a openMath string
// return the openMath string
}

My project is more about the interface so maybe I should choose one CAS
and not abstract its interface and that would save me all the trouble of
using openMath.

Thank-you.

PS If someone wants to give input on the design or goals of my
calculator (other then the openMath part), send me an email, and I will
let you know a little more details on what I am trying to do.