[Om] OpenMath Organization at github

Christoph LANGE math.semantic.web at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 18:27:28 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Paul Libbrecht on 2016-07-02 22:42:
> Konrad Hinsen wrote:
>>> Also: Are media-types adjustments possible? (and... some
>>> XHTML-friendliness?)
>>
>> I don't know.
> This might be the biggest deal.
> Could you try a .xhtml file? An .ocd file? A .sts file?
> (we have not been very eager at doing the media type registrations
> unfortunately).
>
> I remember there was also some automatic negotiation which we tried to
> establish with Christoph Lange so that a form of cool-URLs appears (in
> the sort of the "namespace document"). I pretty much fear this is not
> going to hold anymore.
> Christoph?

github.io doesn't support content negotiation.  However, as you suggest …

> Custom domains seem supported.
> We certainly do not want to loose all the many URLs to inside OM, in
> particular to the CDs.

… we can't afford entirely giving up openmath.org anyway, as too many
canonical URIs of CDs are hosted there.

If we had to start over and could afford deprecating all existing URIs,
https://w3id.org/ would be modern choice for a configurable URL
redirection service.

Cheers,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Lange, Enterprise Information Systems Department
Applied Computer Science @ University of Bonn; Fraunhofer IAIS

→ Please note: I will be on parental leave from 29 July to 28 October.
  Colleagues will stand in for me mainly based on projects.