[Om3] OMS and OMV contents?

Michael Kohlhase m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de
Wed Jul 11 08:47:23 CEST 2007

Dear all,

one thing we have to think about wrt. OM3/MathML3 alignment is whether
we want to allow presentation MathML in the body of OMV and OMS
elements. I know we have discussed this before (for OM2) and rejected
it, but with the alignment goal this question raises it's ugly head again.

Allowing full presentation MathML content would quadruple the size of
the RNC schema (well we would just add a link of course) or add an
external dependency.

Going for a restricted set of presentation MathML would be nice (who
needs mtable in a variable name), but would require furer coordination
with the W3C Math group.

The OM2 standard allows to add presentation MathML as a special
attribution, but that is much less direct than MathML does make the
alignment non-isomorphic.

Any thoughts?

 Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,       Office: Research 1, Room 62
 Professor of Computer Science     Campus Ring 12,
 School of Engineering & Science   D-28759 Bremen, Germany
 Jacobs University Bremen*         tel/fax: +49 421 200-3140/-493140
 m.kohlhase at jacobs-university.de http://kwarc.info/kohlhase
 skype: m.kohlhase   * International University Bremen until Feb. 2007