[Om3] HTML versions of the OM3 CDs

jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk jhd at cs.bath.ac.uk
Tue Jan 29 09:05:25 CET 2008

On Tue, January 29, 2008 7:22 am, Michael Kohlhase wrote:
> I have resurrected David Carlisle's stylesheet for presenting the
> OM3/MathML3 CDs in html. That should give us a better overview over the
> state of the merging effort.
Well done - a useful tool.
> Generally, we are currently moving over the MathML material from the
> *.mcd to the *.ocd files with the hope of eliminating the *.mcd files
> soon. That will of course lead to a lot of duplicate material that needs
> to be weeded out. I am currently co-developing the RelaxNG grammar (and
> the RelaxNG type-checking; see the talk at the JEM workshop) to flush
> out all the bugs that have accumulated.
My laptop browser (IE6) displays
lcm(a,b) = a*b/gcd(a,b)
Then
xml prefix mathml
but I can see there is a bunch of OM behind this.

However, there are some problems here.

ForAll(x,lcm(x,1)=x)  contradicts
for all integers a,b | There does not exist a c>0 such that c/a is an
Integer and c/b is an Integer and lcm(a,b) > c.
(consider lcm(-2,1)).

This is the sort of bug we NEED to weed out, and which this tool certainly
helps me see.

James Davenport
Hebron & Medlock Professor of Information Technology
Formerly RAE Coordinator
Still Undergraduate Director of Studies, CS Dept
Lecturer on CM30070, 30078, 50209, 50123
Chairman, Powerful Computing WP, University of Bath
OpenMath Content Dictionary Editor